Re: Firefox bugs mass-closed.

On Mon, 01 Oct 2007, Juliusz Chroboczek wrote:
> Since this particular bug is trivial to reproduce (ls
> ~/.mozilla/firefox/), it would appear that the Firefox maintainers
> are mass-closing bug reports without even checking what they are
> about.

Considering that the message which has been sent to you does not close
the bug, nor does it do anything but request the submitter or those
who have seen the bug to replicate it, it's perfectly reasonable.

The bug in question was (at the time the message was sent out)
assigned to a package which is no longer distributed in Debian.

Furthmore, the bug in question is additionally marked wontfix; merely
closing it after this time would also have been perfectly appropriate.

Efforts like this to actively engage old reports and try to whittle
them down to a series of reports which are still relevant is far
superior to ignoring them entirely. If you would prefer that osmething
more involved be done to the bugs, then feel free to jump in and help
triage. I'm sure the iceweasel maintainers would appreciate
assistance.

Don Armstrong

--
America was far better suited to be the World's Movie Star. The
world's tequila-addled pro-league bowler. The world's acerbic bi-polar