Re: Shared libraries, dependencies and symbols files

Hello!

On Mon, 01 Oct 2007 17:47:34 +0200, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> since library maintainers will soon have the possibilty to use
> symbol-based dependencies (instead of shlibs) I setup a system
> to keep up-to-date ready-to-use symbols files using Mole:
> http://qa.debian.org/cgi-bin/mole/seedsymbols
>
> You type a binary package name and you get to see whether you'll
> be able to use a single symbols files for all arches like
> simple libs, for example ftplib3:
> http://qa.debian.org/cgi-bin/mole/seedsymbols?pkgname=ftplib3

It seems it doesn't take experimental into account:

 http://qa.debian.org/cgi-bin/mole/seedsymbols?pkgname=libthinkfinger0

 http://packages.qa.debian.org/t/thinkfinger.html

> In other cases, most of the architectures are in sync and some
> special architectures are creating troubles. It looks like hurd-i386
> is currently causing me lots of troubles for example on pango:
> http://qa.debian.org/cgi-bin/mole/seedsymbols?pkgname=libpango1.0-0
>
> Pango export the same set of symbols across architectures but
> apparently hurd-i386 is an exception that makes my script believe
> otherwise.

I think asking on debian-hurd@ is worth it ;-)

Thx, bye,
Gismo / Luca