Re: Debian's Linux kernel continues to regress on freedom

John Kelly, 2007-09-12 18:33:12 +0000 :

> Again, if Debian's highly esteemed social contract is for the
> benefit of users, then why not let users vote?

We do, actually.  Those users who do show interest in influencing the
course of Debian by concrete actions rather than by mailing-list
trolling are entitled to vote.  Others aren't.

  How do we know the difference?  The criterion is known as the NM
process.  It's open to all.

Roland.
--
Roland Mas

Death *was* hereditary.  You got it from your ancestors.
  -- in Hogfather (Terry Pratchett)