virtualbox-ose: package hijack?

Hi,

I might be running on incomplete information, but to me it seems that we
had a package hijack over night. Being an uploader and thus part of the
team I'm more than just interested in this and would like the parties to
speak up here and explain. Here's what I know so far:

Both, Patrick Winnertz and Daniel Baumann ITPed virtualbox at about the
same time without knowing that the other ITPed too. I have no idea
what Daniel really did on the package. I cannot find him in the
changelog file. However, he's listed in one README and in the copyright
file with:

This package was debianized by Daniel Baumann <daniel@debian.org> on
Mon, 15 Jan 2007 14:33:00 +0100.

Please note that the first release which according to the changelog
contains work by Patrick and Philipp Hug was released on August 30th. I
heard about some work being done during Debconf but have no idea if
anything was done between January and June.

Anyway, earlier this week Daniel apparently approached Patrick to be
listed as uploader and was denied which seemingly led to him doing the
upload with this change among others on his own.

To me this is clearly a hijack and I'd like to see a very valid
reasoning for this behaviour.

But he not just added himself, he also changed some packaging stuff and
upgraded to a new upstream version. This seems to be done in a hurry as
he missed some licensing issues. We now have several files in the
archive with the following license:

;
;  Copyright (C) 2006-2007 innotek GmbH
;
;  innotek GmbH confidential
;  All rights reserved

Uh, ouch, shouldn't be there, right? That's why I CC ftpmasters. Work is
underway to create a valid 1.5.0 package, but there's a reason why we
first fixed stuff in the 1.4.0 version. Since this may take another day
or two, I wonder whether out admins would like to react and remover this
version asap.

Michael

--
Michael Meskes