Re: debdelta, Re: proposed release goal: DEBIAN/md5sums for all packages

Hi Russ,

Russ Allbery <rra@debian.org> wrote:
> A Mennucc <mennucc1@debian.org> writes:
>
>> BTW, I also encountered a strange "bug" : sometimes the md5sums file
>> contains MD5 of files that are not shipped. This is printed as a warning
>> in my server. If MD5 will become a release goal, this should be
>> corrected as well : in case, I will send bug reports.
>
> This should trigger the lintian tag md5sums-lists-nonexisting-file, but
> lintian.debian.org doesn't see any instances of that tag in the archives.
> I'd be very interested in example packages, since it sounds like the
> lintian test may be broken.

I know of a package of the TeX team where they build font files or such,
create the md5sums for them and remove these files from the package, but
leave the md5sums and the entries in lists. In postint they rebuild these
files from those shipped in the package.

The intention is that the package with the files is >60MB and without the
files it is <10MB, IIRC, and it's easy to rebuild them in postinst.

Sorry, I can't remember the name of the package.

Bye, Jörg.
--
Damit das Mögliche entsteht, muß immer wieder das Unmögliche versucht
werden.                                       (Hermann Hesse)