new Linux-PAM packages in unstable, run for your lives

Hi folks,

Thanks in great part to the help from Roger Leigh and Jan Christoph
Nordholz in preparing an upload to experimental, I have just uploaded pam
0.99.7.1-2 to unstable.  This new upstream version is a significant step on
the path to re-merging Debian's PAM packages with the upstream source, from
which it has been diverging for about a decade; and the upload closes about
a third of all the current bug reports open against the package.

So of course there's great opportunity for breakage here, too.  I would
encourage developers, particularly maintainers of those packages listed in
Roger's previous mail to debian-devel, to test out this version of PAM in
unstable sooner rather than later so that any regressions that may have been
introduced can also be found and fixed quickly.

On the whole though, the new upstream version is definitely an improvement
over past versions, with much cleaner code, a few new PAM modules standard,
and nifty new features like l10n support for all user communication, so I
think this will be an enjoyable, not painful, upgrade for most users.
(Hopefully, not too much breaks when apps start speaking to users in their
language of choice!)

Cheers,