Re: Debian on the Desktop - plans for Lenny?

Qui, 2007-08-09 às 15:24 -0300, Gustavo Franco escreveu:
> Btw, desktop-c-gtk-devel and desktop-python-gtk-devel makes no sense,
> IMHO. It's too specific that we will need
> desktop-$every_language_in_debian-gtk-devel. What a task like
> desktop-php-devel will contain, vim? For those who like emacs are we
> going to add desktop-php-emacs-devel? Please think about needed use
> cases (ask debian-user, check popcon, ...) and set of packages that
> should satisfy that, not some cool random task names.

this was discussed a long time ago ... i am going to make a proposal.

these tasks are useful for inexperienced developers, because not all
developers have skills to search for a good IDE for some language.
I want to propose sometime during lenny development cycle some developer
oriented tasks. something like an apt-get install gnome-devel but ina
task sense.