Re: making debian/copyright machine-interpretable

Sam Hocevar <sam@zoy.org> wrote:

>    And there is more to come. The GPL version 3 is compatible with
> the CDDL, but the GPL version 2 isn?t. Which means that in the near
> future, GPLv2-only software cannot be distributed as part of a CDDL
> operating system such as Nexenta. We have no way to know how much of
> Debian should be stripped from such a system.

It would be helpful to clarify this. As far as I know, GPLv3 isn't
compatible with the CDDL in the sense of "an application may mix
sections of source code under these two licenses" - just the "a GPLv3
application may make use of CDDLed libraries" sense.

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59-chiark.mail.debian.devel@srcf.ucam.org