Re: needs=vc as menu field useful and needed?

Nico Golde wrote:
> dvisvga:       Tag: interface::svga, role::program, scope::utility, use::viewing, works-with::text, works-with-format::dvi
> luxman:        Tag: game::arcade, interface::svga, interface::x11, role::program, use::gameplaying, x11::application
> lxdoom-svga:   Tag: game::arcade, interface::3d, role::program, use::gameplaying
> svncviewer:    Tag: interface::svga, network::client, role::program, use::login, use::viewing
> thrust:        Tag: game::arcade, interface::svga, junior::arcade, role::program, use::gameplaying

These at least clearly use svgalib.

> When looking at the tags it doesn't look like the programs can't run in an X
> terminal. I tried worms from bsdgames, cadubi and pinball (randomly picked) and they all
> worked flawless in my aterm.

I may have had a reason to make worms needs=vc. IIRC it locks up certian
dumb terminals due to spewing so much data at the terminal. However my
reasons for doing it has been lost in the mists of 1995 and I reverted
it.

A lintian test for needs=vc programs that are not linked with svgalib
or directfb would be nice.

--
see shy jo