Upgrade kernel loses DVB devices

Hi list,

I have here a problem that I solved. I have no idea who I should report it to,
so I'm posting it here in the hope that, eventually, someone relevent might
see it.

I'm running testing. After upgrading to kernel 2.6.21-2 my DVB device files
disappeared. It turns out that a required module cx88-dvb was no longer
getting pulled in with the other cx88 modules during boot. I've no idea why.
I've no idea how it's supposed to work.

I've solved my problem by adding cx88-dvb to /etc/modules. I doubt this is the
real solution, which is why I post here, but it works.

Peace,
Brendon