Re: Considerations for 'xmms' removal from Debian

On 7/9/07, Matthew Johnson <debian@matthew.ath.cx> wrote:
If I have the time and inclination maybe I will port it to gtk2, but why
should I spend that effort when it's a perfectly good working program.
Sure it's not getting new features, but it gets along fine without them.

Because, as it has been already said in this thread, the libraries
that your package uses are deprecated, unmaintained and prone to have
many undiscovered bugs.

Using unmaintained software always has this risk, but using
unmaintained software that uses unmaintained libraries is even worse.

--
Besos,
Marga