Folding@Home Package

Hello, all. It has been my understanding that the reason that the Folding@Home distributed computing software has not been made a Debian package is that the license under which it is released does not allow it to be free. This software package has pretty much the best reason for being closed source that I've encountered; they want to prevent falsified results from damaging the research.

Of course, I understand that this means that we can't package up the Folding@Home binary. But if I put together a Debian package that would use the preinst script to go fetch the software from Stanford in a way similar to how the flashplugin-nonfree package fetches Macrodobe Flash 9, would there be any interest? I'd really enjoy a quick, low-hassle way to fetch and install Folding@Home on my various computers as a service. I see that there is a KDE applet, kfolding, that will handle Folding@Home, but it is dependent upon the existence of a KDE session (or at least a base KDE installation) and I'd like to install the software on my server as well as avoid messing with it if I somehow crash my GUI session.

So, in summary, is there anything I should know before I set out on this task? And will people use it if I bother?

Thanks!

Zachary Palmer