Re: Automated mails to maintainers of packages with serious problems

On 22/06/07 at 00:36 +0200, Nico Golde wrote:
> Hi,
> * Lucas Nussbaum <lucas@lucas-nussbaum.net> [2007-06-22 00:17]:
> > During my talk today at debconf, I discussed the idea of sending mails
> > to maintainers of packages with serious problems. The audience
> > welcomed the idea, so I will send the first mails soon.
>
> That sounds good to me!
>
> > You will receive a mail:
> > * if one of your packages has RC bugs older than 30 days in unstable
> [...]
> > I plan to send such mails on a monthly basis. Depending on how well it
> > is received, the criterias will be enlarged to include more packages,
> > while staying reasonable.
> [...]
> > You will only receive one mail (per e-mail address), listing the
> > problems in all your packages, not one mail per package. If all your
> > packages are OK (according to the criterias above), you won't receive
> > anything.
>
> I propose to change this a bit for RC bugs. Assume you get a
> mail on 2nd of a month and get an RC bug on the 3rd day.
> Then you get the mail for the RC bug nearly after 2 months
> since it is not 30 days old on the 2nd of next month.

I don't think this is avoidable. I have to draw the line somewhere, and
someone could make the point that if I send mails on the 1st, and a bug
is reported on the 10th, one will have to wait until the bug is 50 days
old to receive a mail.

Those mails are not supposed to supposed to replace the BTS mails,
anyway! :-)

> But the service seems to be a great service for maintainers
> in my opinion.

Thank you:)