Re: Automated mails to maintainers of packages with serious problems

On 22/06/07 at 11:27 +0200, Frank Küster wrote:
> Raphael Hertzog <hertzog@debian.org> wrote:

> >> You need to check the "new" queue for an upload before sending a mail in
> >> this case. It ought not to be really necessary, but stuff gets stuck in new
> >> for quite a while sometimes.
> >
> > No, you should tag your bugs pending and Lucas ought to ignore pending
> > bugs (maybe he already does).
>
> Hm, but there a couple of bugs tagged "pending" which don't get an
> upload for months.  Even RC ones, as I remember from the etch release
> cycle.  And the kind of maintainer who does these things is the ideal
> target for these e-mails...

Hi,

Checking for packages in NEW looks complex: I would have to look at the
changes file to see if the bugs I'm going to mail about are actually
being closed. And I can't extrapolate whether the upload will be able to
migrate to testing eventually.

So I think that I'll just ignore NEW for now. But if I get many replies
about that, I will reconsider that of course.