Re: Using standardized SI prefixes

#include <hallo.h>
* Ivan Jager [Tue, Jun 19 2007, 06:39:24PM]:

> >>It's not that I can't *think* of any problems. It's that I, like several
> >>other people here, I don't *have* said problems with the programs I use,
> >>and I don't particularly care to have that "fixed". Just because you can't
> >>tell whether the output of ls -lh is using binary or decimal prefixes
> >>doesn't mean it's a problem for everyone else.
> >
> >So if you know that there are problems then there is no point in
> >argumenting
> >against the people who want to have them solved.
>
> Umm, again I fail to follow your logic. I want to have problems solved, so
> why are you arguing with me? Your reasoning seems to imply you think there
> are no problems in the world.

No, it doesn't imply that. And if you cannot follow, don't put words
into my mouth.

There are simple facts which are NOT mutual exclusive: "no problems",
"problems exist", "there are no problems for me". If you try to use the
last one to support the first and you don't see a problem there even now
then I doubt I can help you with understanding.

> You're going to have some trouble convincing me of that. :)

Me? No comment.

If I missed an irony tag somewhere then it is hidden really well.

Eduard.

--
Die einfachsten Menschen hör ich die feinsten Vermutungen äußern, wenn
der Schritt etc. eines Gesandten, Ministers politisch zu erklären ist.