Re: APT 0.7 for sid

On Mon, Jun 18, 2007, Reinhard Tartler wrote:
> As already said elsewhere in this thread, that's exactly the point of
> "unattended-upgrades": It detects if manual user interaction is
> required, and will not upgrade the package in this case.

 There might be some manual steps involved.  For example, "Users of
 $some_config_option should manually check whether some wiki pages have
 the word hulabula in them".

 I personally wish unattended-upgrades would still be able to do the
 job in all other cases though: perhaps the security advisories could be
 tagged to indicate manual intervention is needed?

--
Loïc Minier