Re: Two proposals for a better Lenny (testing related).

Michael Banck wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 14, 2007 at 08:10:08PM +0200, Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:
>> Actually, it seems to me the real problem is that when a new kernel is
>> installed it is immediately used by the bootloader on the next reboot,
>> without asking.
>
> That's because you installed the meta-package, saying "I want to run the
> newest kernel without asking".
>
> If you don't want that, don't install the meta-package and install new
> kernel versions as they appear.

The behavior Martijn explains is because update-grub doesn't update the
default kernel. This means that if you had a default 0, and the new kernel
gets at the top of the list (which is usually the case), it will get booted
next time

--

  Felipe Sateler