Re: Two proposals for a better Lenny (testing related).

On Thu, Jun 14, 2007 at 08:10:08PM +0200, Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:
> Actually, it seems to me the real problem is that when a new kernel is
> installed it is immediately used by the bootloader on the next reboot,
> without asking.

That's because you installed the meta-package, saying "I want to run the
newest kernel without asking".

If you don't want that, don't install the meta-package and install new
kernel versions as they appear.

Also, see Raphael Hertzog's comment about Breaks: which looks very
promising for solving the rest of your issues (unless you install stuff
not using module-assistant or an equivalent)

Michael