Current policy about statically linked binaries

  Hello,

  I recently filed a bug against recoll (#427783) because it was
statically linked against libxapian. Although it is now dynamically
linked and the bug is closed, I wonder if there really is a clear policy
on the subject. I was sure there was bound to be something about this in
the Debian Policy, but it doesn't appear to be so.

  My guess is that there is an unspoken consensus that binaries which
have no reason to do otherwise should be dynamically linked. Am I wrong
? If that really is the case, shouldn't it be written in the policy
(probably as a should rather than a must) ?

  Regards,

	Vincent Fourmond

--
Vincent Fourmond, Debian Developer