Re: Two proposals for a better Lenny (testing related).

* Luis Matos (gass@otiliamatos.ath.cx) [070614 20:20]:
> Qui, 2007-06-14 às 19:18 +0200, Josselin Mouette escreveu:
> > Le jeudi 14 juin 2007 à 14:33 +0100, Luis Matos a écrit :
> > > I just want that automatic passages from unstable for testing, when
> > > debian is not in a pre-stable-release state have more verifications such
> > > as reverse depends.
> >
> > I really don't understand what checks you want to add over those already
> > being done.
> >

> I just want to ensure that *ALL* the necessary checks are made when a
> package steps into testing so that the package that passes don't break
> anything.
> I presented here the kernel and kernel modules case, but some other
> already happened to me (that cases that we just ... don't upgrade and
> forget).

Actually, they *are* done, unless overriden for good reasons by the
release team (and I can only remember a few such cases in the last
years, not counting removals of broken packages from testing to let a
transition through).

Cheers,
Andi
--