Re: Two proposals for a better Lenny (testing related).

On 6/14/07, Luis Matos <gass@otiliamatos.ath.cx> wrote:
having a working system *with* only debian *oficial* packages and then
after an upgrade that system stops working properly, i call it a
regression ...

if ... *if* i had used module-assistant to use nvidia graphics (or
camera modules, or wifi, or what else), i would not mind to do that.

Actually, it seems to me the real problem is that when a new kernel is
installed it is immediately used by the bootloader on the next reboot,
without asking.

I explicitly check to see if there's a kernel upgrade and abort if
that's the case, as I do not have the time to sort out the mess before
the next reboot. Ideally, it could just install, without having it
automatically used next time. Then, when I have time and everything is
right, then the bootloader uses the new kernel.

(This is probably possible, I just havn't worked out how yet).

Have a nice day,
--
Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@gmail.com> http://svana.org/kleptog/