Re: Two proposals for a better Lenny (testing related).

On Wed, Jun 13, 2007 at 11:53:24AM +0200, Gabor Gombas wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 13, 2007 at 12:42:34AM +0100, Luis Matos wrote:
>
> >  - Smooth passages are not always smooth (who had a working xorg after
> > the upgrade for 7, please raise their hands)
>
> AFAIR apart from having to edit a few config files it was quite painless
> (I've upgraded when Xorg was still in experimental).
>
> OTOH the current xserver-xorg-video-ati snapshot in experimental is not
> suitable for everyday use (the crash in DPMS is a blocker for me) so I'd
> be quite annoyed if it was uploaded to unstable; but being able to
> easily test new versions to see if the bugs are still there is very
> useful.

By the time it hit testing it worked pretty well for most people. We broke
a few things, but it was nice for just about everyone. Everyone except
those people using proprietary drivers, but they know they've already dug
their own grave there. If Luis wants to keep whining about it, I suggest he
talk to nvidia.

 - David Nusinow