Re: Two proposals for a better Lenny (testing related).

Le mardi 12 juin 2007 à 17:40 -0300, Gustavo Franco a écrit :
> I disagree, that's what we've with experimental today mainly due to
> the fact that there's just a few packages there. Consider everybody
> uploading every package for unstable instead.

This has already been tried by Fedora and Mandriva, which ship
development versions of their packages in the top-of-the-edge releases.
The result is that developers are more focused on how to deal with utter
breakage of their own installation than on improving software they
maintain.

Please, avoid that. And do never, ever forget that rule before uploading:

                UNSTABLE PACKAGES SHOULD BE RELEASE QUALITY

Mistakes happen, but to detect them we need people using unstable, and
people won't use a completely broken distribution.

People knowingly uploading a package unsuitable for a stable release
should be forced into working as d-i release manager for 3 months.

--
 .''`.