Re: Using standardized SI prefixes

On Tue, 2007-06-12 at 15:52 +0100, Ian Jackson wrote:
> shirish writes ("Using standardized SI prefixes"):
> >       Please look at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Binary_prefix .
>
> Urgh, these things are ugly and an abomination.  We should avoid them.
>
> Ian.

I'd really like to hear some real arguments against SI prefixes, besides
being ugly or funny to pronounce or just because "it has always been
like that". Advantages of using SI prefixes has been mentioned in this
thread. Please tell me the disadvantages so there can actually be a
constructive discussion.

Christof Krüger