Re: [OT] howto file bugs in debian bug-tracker

On Tue, 12 Jun 2007, Christian Perrier wrote:
> Indeed, it would probably benefit both Ubuntu and Debian if a way to
> link bugs between Launchpad and the Debian BTS. I see something like
> Pierre Habouzit's bts-link which allows to automatically track
> upstream bugs in Debian BTS as long as the bug in Debian has been
> reported upstream as well *and* tagged as such by the Debian
> maintainer.
>
> I'm not really familiar with Launchpad tools but it would be Good to
> make as easy as possible to "forward" bugs received in Ubuntu to
> "upstream", ie Debian, ie less manually than what seems to be
> suggested in
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/deluge-torrent/+bug/119995

Definetly; if launchpad developers are interested in increasing this
tiein, or need specific features to enable launchpad bugs to more
easily track the status of bugs in Debian, they should let me know by
filing bugs against debbugs.

That said, the soap support in debbugs should allow this to be done
currently. [And it should become easier as I make the interface more
tolerant of future interface changes.]

Don Armstrong

--
Democracy means simply the bludgeoning of the people by the people for
the people.