Re: Two proposals for a better Lenny (testing related).

On Tue, Jun 12, 2007, Luk Claes wrote:
>                                     Making unstable not automatic would
> mean less testing of individual versions in unstable AFAICS which is a bad
> thing IMHO.

 I wonder whether it would make sense to suggest default pinning levels
 in Release files to allow people in testing to add unstable safely
 without relying on the default release.  Not sure it would be useful
 for backports anymore since these do use NotAutomatic already.

 Currently, we only distinguish:
 - NotAutomatic / Automatic
 - default release or not
 all other cases have to be handled by the end user/admin; but we could
 (instead?) pin experimental/unstable/testing/backports/stable for users
 by default in the Release files to some sane values which they may
 override.

--
Loïc Minier