Re: Two proposals for a better Lenny (testing related).

Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> On 12/06/07 at 22:23 +0200, Luk Claes wrote:
>> NO!
>>
>> unstable is meant for packages that should be in the next stable release,
>> as such only packages that are in the maintainer's opinion ready to migrate
>> to testing should be uploaded to unstable.
>
> Then shouldn't we have a more aggressive policy about removals from
> unstable, for packages that have failed to get into testing during the
> past n months ?

  Actually, I support that. What about a push from unstable to
experimental when a package fails to behave ? (given reasonable amount
of time and notice, of course).

  This way, I tend to believe more people would have their eyes on
experimental, and that might solve some of the problems adressed in this
thread.

  Regards,

	Vincent

--