Re: Two proposals for a better Lenny (testing related).

On Tue, Jun 12, 2007 at 05:25:59PM -0300, Gustavo Franco wrote:
> Promote 'quite probably broken in some ways' stuff isn't the motto.
> Upload everything that we've in experimental actually seems to be more
> appropriate.

Eh, you lost, now. Please go read what experimental is for.

> >I don't think I would like that at all! An essential difference between
> >unstable and experimental is that unstable has "should be working"
> >packages, while experimental has "quite likely still has issues"
> >packages.
> >If experimental were dropped, how the hell am I supposed to distinguish
> >between the two?
>
> That's the point, you would be using testing for development and
> cherry picking changes from unstable manually.

That doesn't work. Packages migrate from unstable to testing in only ten
days; if people know that, nobody ever bothers to manually force package
upgrades.

[...]
  -- #debian-devel, Freenode, 2004-09-22