Re: APT 0.7 for sid

On Mon, 11 Jun 2007, Alexander Wirt wrote:
> > I want to turn it on by default in the near future, but with a
> > reasonable warning time for the transition.
> Please never make it a default. Humans make errors and I never want packages
> installed by default. I consider this really a dangerous option (but maybe
> usefull on desktops) so just integrate some kind of button in synaptic & co,
> but please don't make it a default.

I disagree. Please make it the default. We need consistency and that's the
intended meaning of that field.

You really need to explain why it would be a dangerous option when the
only problem could be that the user has installed more packages than
really needed. Otherwise your disagreement is of no value.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog