Re: APT 0.7 for sid

On Thu, Jun 07, 2007 at 12:59:38AM +0200, Michael Vogt wrote:
> I plan to do an apt 0.7.2 upload for sid this weekend. It's a big merge
> of the version in debian/experimental and the version in Ubuntu.
[..]

I just uploaded apt, python-apt and synaptic. If binNMUs could be
arranged for the remaining packages that needs a rebuild that would be
most appreciated.

[..]
> - automatic installation of recommends like aptitude
[..]

This is currently turned off because of the concerns raised. its a
matter of changing the default of "APT::Install-Recommends" to true.

I want to turn it on by default in the near future, but with a
reasonable warning time for the transition.

Many thanks for all good feedback!

Thanks,
 Michael