Re: [OT] howto file bugs in debian bug-tracker

Em Ter, 2007-06-12 às 16:19 +0200, Christian Perrier escreveu:
> Quoting ajdlinux@gmail.com (ajdlinux@gmail.com):
>
> > >https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/deluge-torrent/+bug/119995 .
> > >I know this is not the place, so let's take this off-list perhaps or
> > >point to a better resource/mailing list where I can direct that.
> > >     Cheers !
> >
> > If you mean filing a bug with the Debian BTS, use the reportbug tool,
> > available in the package of the same name.
>

> I think that the original question should raise more than 'just use
> the tool'.
>
> Indeed, it would probably benefit both Ubuntu and Debian if a way to
> link bugs between Launchpad and the Debian BTS. I see something like
> Pierre Habouzit's bts-link which allows to automatically track
> upstream bugs in Debian BTS as long as the bug in Debian has been
> reported upstream as well *and* tagged as such by the Debian
> maintainer.
>
> I'm not really familiar with Launchpad tools but it would be Good to
> make as easy as possible to "forward" bugs received in Ubuntu to
> "upstream", ie Debian, ie less manually than what seems to be
> suggested in
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/deluge-torrent/+bug/119995
>

> I do not mean that any bug reported in Ubuntu should be automagically
> reported to Debian's BTS. It should be a manual "point-an-click"
> action to be used by Those In Charge in Ubuntu when they decide wisely
> that it is Good to report the issue in Debian....and *link* both
> issues.

FWIW, I'm working on something a bit related to that for Debian on this
year GSoC: A tool to help triaging (Debian) bugs, of which one (arguably
the main) feature will be to facilitate forwarding bug reports upstream.

Maybe it would be interesting to expand a bit the concept and allow
using launchpad as a source of bugs if ubuntu people is interested...

--
Gustavo R. Montesino
http://grmontesino.blogspot.com