Re: Two proposals for a better Lenny (testing related).

On Tue, Jun 12, 2007 at 10:29:59AM -0300, Gustavo Franco wrote:
> Considering that we know that experimental is not a full branch and
> there's no migration from experimental to unstable, do you agree then
> we could remove experimental and switch unstable automatic nature to
> not automatic (release) and keep it's current features: 'full' branch,
> migration from unstable to testing and others ?

Eh, I don't think I understand what you're suggesting here. Perhaps a
few questions will help:
* What effect do you think removing experimental will have on unstable?
* How do you think it will have that effect?

Personally, I think the net effect on _unstable_ achieved by removing
_experimental_ will be zero.

* What do you mean by "switch unstable automatic nature to not
  automatic"
* How does that fit in with "keep it's current features: 'full' branch,
  migration from unstable to testing and others"?

I'm afraid you've completely lost me in that bit of your suggestion.

  -- #debian-devel, Freenode, 2004-09-22