Re: [OT] howto file bugs in debian bug-tracker

Quoting ajdlinux@gmail.com (ajdlinux@gmail.com):

> >https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/deluge-torrent/+bug/119995 .
> >I know this is not the place, so let's take this off-list perhaps or
> >point to a better resource/mailing list where I can direct that.
> >     Cheers !
>
> If you mean filing a bug with the Debian BTS, use the reportbug tool,
> available in the package of the same name.

I think that the original question should raise more than 'just use
the tool'.

Indeed, it would probably benefit both Ubuntu and Debian if a way to
link bugs between Launchpad and the Debian BTS. I see something like
Pierre Habouzit's bts-link which allows to automatically track
upstream bugs in Debian BTS as long as the bug in Debian has been
reported upstream as well *and* tagged as such by the Debian
maintainer.

I'm not really familiar with Launchpad tools but it would be Good to
make as easy as possible to "forward" bugs received in Ubuntu to
"upstream", ie Debian, ie less manually than what seems to be
suggested in
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/deluge-torrent/+bug/119995

I do not mean that any bug reported in Ubuntu should be automagically
reported to Debian's BTS. It should be a manual "point-an-click"
action to be used by Those In Charge in Ubuntu when they decide wisely
that it is Good to report the issue in Debian....and *link* both
issues.