Re: Two proposals for a better Lenny (testing related).

On 6/12/07, Kevin Mark <kevin.mark@verizon.net> wrote:

> 1) The 'remove experimental' proposal

experimental is not a 'full' branch like stable, testing or unstable. It
only has a handfull of package built for it (at least that is what I
have seen from reading debian-devel-changes)
Also, there is no transition from experimental to unstable.
checkout my diagram at http://mysite.verizon.net/kevin.mark/
(there is an older,not updated dia source in spanish if that is
helpful)

I'm sorry Kevin but I totally missed the point of your answer.
Considering that we know that experimental is not a full branch and
there's no migration from experimental to unstable, do you agree then
we could remove experimental and switch unstable automatic nature to
not automatic (release) and keep it's current features: 'full' branch,
migration from unstable to testing and others ?

thanks,
-- stratus
http://stratusandtheswirl.blogspot.com