Re: Using standardized SI prefixes

On Monday 11 June 2007 23:10, Hendrik Sattler wrote:
> Abbreviations are ambiguous by design. Who actually says that KB means
> kilobyte?

You're arguing that although IEC prefixes eliminate all ambiguity in the area
of amounts and rates of data, there is still some ambiguity left, i.e. IEC
prefixes have to be rejected for not being a perfect solution.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perfect_solution_fallacy

> I don't like those Special Interest units in all situations ;)

SI units aren't special. They are universal.

--
Magnus Holmgren        holmgren@lysator.liu.se
                       (No Cc of list mail needed, thanks)