Re: Large static datasets like genomes (Re: Reasonable maximum package size ?)

Frank Küster escreveu:
Santiago Vila <sanvila@unex.es> wrote:

On Wed, 6 Jun 2007, Tim Cutts wrote:

(aside: I'd love it if we could have some sort of "user package"
system which could allow non-root users to install software packages
in areas they have access to, and yet have full dependency checking
on the main system packages)
dpkg --admindir=$HOME/somedirectory

should allow that ("should" in the sense that if it does not work, we should
consider it as a bug, not in the sense that I may have tried it recently).

I don't think so - you missed the "and yet have full dependency checking
on the main system packages" part, didn't you?

Regards, Frank
can we have a per packge permission set???
kind of .... users can update package X and Y