Re: Wanted: introductory page for all teams

On Sat, May 26, 2007 at 11:58:54PM +0200, Pierre Habouzit wrote:
> > > and the debian-www team is recovering from the
> > > shock that HTML 4.01 has been released recently and that CSS2 is almost
> > > stable (err wait, I wasn't reading my calendar properly, we're in 2007
> > > not 1997, sorry).
> >
> > Why don't you join the team?
>
>   Now unlike Raphaël initiative, *this* is so typical from Debian. The:
> ???You think that sucks, so why don't you step up ???? attitude. It is a
> very convenient attitude that allows to makes the person making critics
> miserable in front of everybody, hoping he (or she) will hide because of
> the shame, and avoid dealing with the less convenient and less
> auto-satisfactory fact that many aspects in Debian suck.
>
>   So well, sorry, but I don't see why I should be part of every
> mis-functioning team in Debian to have the right to say they do a poor
> job.

Well, it would at least be fair from you to NOT include the web team
in context of teams that are so incorrigible to be worthy of derision!

The web team, to my knowledge, has very rarely rejected offers for help.
Please don't assume that all teams are alike :(

(This is the thanks I get for hooking you up at LinkedIn :P :)

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.