Re: Debian desktop -situation, proposals for discussion and change. Stable too stable?

On Wednesday 16 May 2007 01:11, Charles Plessy wrote:
> Maybe at each point release, the release notes could be
> updated on the basis of these messages. Things like "emacs21 does not
> have full unicode support, but you can display chinese characters if
> you install the mule-ucs package." for instance. (I wasted hours,
> because I thought that packages with no full unicode support would at
> least have an open bug on this issue since it is a past release
> goal...).

IIRC there already is a general note about that in the RN. (At least in
the "installation" section, not sure about the "what's changed" section.

Feel free to file BRs against release-notes for information that could be
added. Including a (short) proposed text for an issue increases the
chance it will be included.

Cheers,
FJP