Re: Mandatory -dbg packages for libraries?

Tshepang Lekhonkhobe wrote:
> It would be nice if the standard iso images that Debian makes
> available could be made to exclude -dbg packages as a trade-off. It
> actually felt painful someday when doing jigdo on the archive, only to
> see loads of -dbg packages getting downloaded, and knowing I wasn't
> ever gonna use 'em.

debian-cd orders packages by popcon popularity, so if the -dbg packages
are not on the last CDs, they must be used more than the packages that
come after them.

(The first -dbg package put on a CD is libc6-dbg, which comes just after
exim in popularity. That's exim 3, not 4.)

--
see shy jo