Re: Second call for votes for the debian project leader election 2007

On Tue, 27 Mar 2007, Ben Pfaff wrote:

However, this is the only ballot I recall containing
non-ASCII characters, which could be the cause.

Ahhh, this is a typical cause of problems.  So we have three chances:

  1) fix software that interprets incoming mails
  2) issue an alternate ballot where 'ë' in Raphaël is
     simplified as 'e' (and we agree that this is the same
     person as Raphaël)
  3) do not accept DPLs with non-ASCI names. ;-))

Probably 2 is the esiest to implement solution for the moment
without discriminating anybody.

Kind regards

        Andreas.

--