Re: Attempted summary and thoughts

On Wed, 28 Mar 2007, Charles Plessy wrote:
> The maintainer is not MIA, but does not actively develop anymore.

Packages like this should have a message to the current maintainer
with a proposal to co-maintain or orphan+adopt followed by an ITH
(intent to hijack) if there is no response within a reasonable period
of time.[1]

If no one is interested in stepping forward to do this and deal with
the package, then the status quo is the best that can be done. While
it is suboptimal, it's the best we can do until someone wants to take
over.

Don Armstrong

1: I'd imagine a couple of days unless they are on VAC or something is
sufficient.
--
There is no mechanical problem so difficult that it cannot be solved
by brute strength and ignorance.