Re: Attempted summary and thoughts

On Tue, Mar 27, 2007 at 03:06:17PM -0400, Roberto C. Sánchez wrote:

> But then what happens in the case (that was already pointed out) where a
> bug languishes without attention for a year or more, someone NMUs to fix
> the bug and the mainainer immediately uploads to revert the NMU?  It
> seems that there needs to be some way to handle situations like that.

That sounds like the normal "maintainer is being an idiot" situation
which is rather different to the problem with inactive maintainers that
is being discussed (I'd not read that bit in the original e-mail, I'm
not sure how many people have given the discussion).

There are plenty of approaches that aren't being tried too much at the
minute referring things to the TC or the approach taken with Bacula
which seem much more appropriate than trying to define a series of hoops
through which people have to jump (or not jump as the case may be).