Re: how to request help for bugs (Re: 0-day bug forwarding and bug patching on ALL bugs)

On Wed, Feb 28, 2007 at 11:39:54AM +0100, Bart Martens wrote:

> For a general call/cry for help for packages with many bugs, I would
> submit an RFH, RFA or O before the number of bugs becomes uncomfortable.
> Of course, this probably won't work for all packages; it's not always so
> simple.

I would think that orphaning would be the wrong way to go.  If the
maintainer has some, but perhaps not enough, time to work on it and just
needs help, I think he is more likely to find someone is willing to
pitch in and help get the package shaped up.  Orphaning the package has
the potential to leave things worse off.  Now, if the package has sat
untouched for a very long time and accumulated many bugs, that may be
the only option.

Regards,

-Roberto

--