who forwards bugs to upstream (Re: 0-day bug forwarding and bug patching on ALL bugs)

On Wed, 2007-02-28 at 09:35 +0100, Bernhard R. Link wrote:
> * Wouter Verhelst <wouter@debian.org> [070227 20:46]:
> > You've read this correctly!  Starting TEN YEARS AGO, we are in
> > permanent bug triaging, bug forwarding, but patching party on ALL
> > bugs, pick one before it's too late!
> >
> > You may immediately take any bugs which didn't receive due care and
> > forward it upstream and/or send a patch to it and/or request more
> > information.

> suggesting "you may forward it upstream and/or send a patch"
> is a bad joke.

It feels perfectly allright to me that anyone is allowed to do this
without first consulting the debian package maintainer.  Especially for
packages with many unprocessed bugs.  But also for any of the packages I
maintain (although I try to be fast enough to do the triaging myself).