Re: On maintainers not responding to bugs

#include <hallo.h>
* Loïc Minier [Mon, Feb 26 2007, 01:32:50PM]:
> On Mon, Feb 26, 2007, Eduard Bloch wrote:
> >           A good example already comes to my mind where the maintainer
> > is doing uploads but only for bugs that have RC priority or important
> > and are easy to fix. Not matching this criteria? Then you are simply
> > ignored. No answer. Not one single word from the maintainer over many
> > months even while people are providing patches to fix it.
>
>  I already warned you about this privately in december; here's another

"Warn"? You feel the need to warn me? Does bringing me to STFU make you
happy or so?

>  slap (all bugs with patches in packages you maintain):
>  #402483: 77 days, no reply
>  #402521: tentative upload, but missed the patch, 49 days without action
>  #408718: 29 days, no reply
>  #362994: 315 days, no reply
>  #287154: 2 years and 63 days, no reply

Nice game. Pointless attempt to create a "who wants to throw the first
stone" situation. Looking at your dirty clothes:

401095 359033 371694 372127 372611 373277 375904 403194

What about them? Now don't tell me "It is okay the package was adopted
from other bad maintainer". I adopted some bug hives too.

>  I've lost enough time I could use in better ways by compiling these 5

If you need that much time to find extreme cases for all the packages I
maintain then I think the percentage is quite low.

>  reports, I do hope they'll bring your position back to a more
>  reasonable definition of what is acceptable and what is not.

You need to make an example on myself to create some definition? Sounds
like a lame excuse for a childish contest. If you don't like to hear
that then I am sorry but you started it.

Eduard.