Re: On maintainers not responding to bugs

Ben Finney <bignose+hates-spam@benfinney.id.au> writes:

> If I receive automatic notification from the BTS that the maintainer
> has attached a "confirmed" tag to the bug, that is plenty of
> acknowledgement.

or "pending", "upstream", "wontfix", "help" or change in severity.
Any of those actions indicates that someone is dealing with the bug.
And the submitter (or anyone) can look that up in the BTS.  But, a
notification email to the submitter might be a good idea.

Matthias