Re: On maintainers not responding to bugs

On Tuesday 27 February 2007, Ben Finney wrote:
> Ben Finney <bignose+hates-spam@benfinney.id.au> writes:
> > "cobaco (aka Bart Cornelis)" <cobaco@skolelinux.no> writes:
> > > - an indication the effort of submitting a bug report is apreciated
> > > - an indication the effort will _not_ be ignored in the long run
> > > - an indication that actual fixing of the bug will take a while
> >
> > I think this is significantly more than the OP was proposing. I also
> > think that it's unreasonable to expect that *every* bug, no matter
> > the severity, should receive this treatment before allowing a new
> > version to migrate to testing.
>
> That should read "... unreasonable to expect that *every* bug,
> regardless what severity threshold is chosen, ..."

I'm not asking that such a message be sent to every bug, what I'm asking is
that:
IF you're not going to do anything with a bug for a long period that you
send a message to that effect.

Note that this basically consists of:
1) gather the list of bugs that are unanswered
2) send 1 short message to that list of bugs

In other words 1 mail every week (or 2 weeks) or so. I really don't think
that's an unreasonable think to ask (and 1 could possibly be automated by
BTS)
--
Cheers, cobaco (aka Bart Cornelis)