Re: On maintainers not responding to bugs

Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> writes:

> If someone would actually like to do something about the problem of
> maintainers not always responsing to bugs, then probably the
> simplest thing to do would be to code up a view in the BTS that
> lists bugs that have not had a maintainer response ...

This is probably the first step in taking this discussion beyond the
current anecdotal level, to actually seeing what proportion of bug
reports aren't meeting the proposed criterion.

And...

> If I had an easy[1] way to see that in my open bugs, I would be more
> inclined to prioritise that first when doing my periodic reviews of
> all my open bugs.

... it seems that this in itself would be valuable to some package
maintainers, regardless of the merit of the original proposal.

--
 \            "There are always those who think they know what is your |
  `\       responsibility better than you do."  -- Ralph Waldo Emerson |