Re: On maintainers not responding to bugs

On Mon, Feb 26, 2007 at 05:37:54PM -0800, Don Armstrong wrote:

> All bugs *should* be dealt with, but requiring that it be done is
> counter productive when maintainers are unable to keep up with the
> bugs that they already have.
>
> High numbers of unresponded bugs are an indication that a maintainer
> or a package is spead too thin, but spreading them thinner is not the
> solution. Jumping in and helping out is.

Good point.  I guess there is no single right answer.  I know, that I
personally endeavor to respond to every bug report that I can, but then
the biggest package in which I am involved is sasl which has a tuny
number of bugs against it compared to some of the other packages out
there.

Regards,

-Roberto

--