Re: On maintainers not responding to bugs

On Mon, Feb 26, 2007 at 10:57:46AM +0100, Pierre Habouzit <madcoder@debian.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 26, 2007 at 05:20:31AM +0100, Ana Guerrero wrote:
> > On Sun, Feb 25, 2007 at 10:35:48PM -0500, Roberto C. Sanchez wrote:
> > > OK.  But is there not a fairly sizeable team working on KDE packaging
> > > for Debian?
> >
> > No. FYI, the KDE team is currently about 6 *active* members, 3 working
> > a lot and 3-4 working when they have some free time. Last kde 3.5.6 has been
> > packaged for only 3 members of the team (one of them is not even in NM).
>
>   And that's in fact a _lot_. We were quite less not so long ago.
>
>   Now let's think a bit:
>   - iceweasel is Eric and Mike (2 people): 528 bugs.
    - icedove is Alex (_1_ active person): 244 bugs.
    - iceape is mostly me: 373 bugs, down from 500+ iic, thanks to
      Andreas Metzler who helped triage the bad inheritage from the
      mozilla package.

Now, the iceape case is interesting: *you* (as in, the one complaining
about rotting bugs) are also allowed to help the maintainers instead of
whining. *That* would help. For example, these three packages I have
listed in this mail, they really need bug triaging help. And no, that
doesn't mean we don't care about our packages nor our users.

Mike